Make the most of our central downtown location with our concierge-created itineraries and list of attractions. Contact email@example.com for advice on visiting Lower East Side hotspots or for assistance in planning the perfect New York City day.
- Russ & Daughter’s (179 East Houston St @ Allen St) for bagels and lox.
- Walk 2 blocks West to Sara D. Roosevelt Park to eat and people-watch.
- Balthazar Bakery (80 Spring St @ Crosby St) for a coffee and a treat.
- Shop SoHo (Bloomingdale’s SoHo, Kiosk, Prada).
- Brunch at Lure Fishbar (142 Mercer @ Prince St).
- Take a stroll through Washington Square Park and relax. After all, it’s Sunday!
- Take 4th Street heading East to Avenue A, and back to the Hotel on Rivington.
- 88 Orchard (88 Orchard @ Broome St) for ice coffee with coffee ice cubes.
- Doughnut Plant (379 Grand @ Norfolk St) for the best doughnut in the city.
- Shop and Eat at the Hester Street Fair @ Seward Park
- Continue South on Essex and get on a Brooklyn-bound F Train, 1 stop to York St. Exit York St. subway station and walk
downhill toward the East River. You’re in Dumbo!
- Brooklyn Bridge Park and into Dumbo Park.
- Stop for a cone at Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory.
- Try a famous Grimaldi’s pizza pie (Front St)
- Find the stairs leading to the pedestrian walkway of the Brooklyn Bridge and walk over the East River to Manhattan. Get your camera out!
- Exiting the Brooklyn Bridge, head to City Hall’s City Store Gift Shop (1 Centre St @ Chambers) – Gift Stop!
- Joe’s Shanghai (9 Pell St @ Bowery) for their World Famous Soup Dumplings.
- Take Elizabeth Street heading North to Spring Street and back to the hotel.
- The New Museum of Contemporary Art (235 Bowery @ Prince St).
- MoMA Design Shop, SoHo (81 Spring St @ Crosby). Gift stop!
- Walk up Broadway, then East on 9th St. to the Dorian Grey Gallery (437 E. 9th St.)
- Dinner at Cellar 58 (58 Second Ave @ E. 3rd St.) for the warmth of Italy.
- Nuyorican Poets Café (236 E. 3rd St. @ Ave B) for poetry, theater and hip-hop.
- Walk along South 5th St, near Bedford Ave. to check out some cool graffiti tags.
- Eat at St. Anselm (355Metropolitan @ Havemeyer) or Maison Premiere (298 Bedford Ave @ S. 1st St).
- Get your shop on at Bird (203 Grand St. @ Bedford Ave).
- Blue Bottle Coffee (160 Berry St @ N. 5th St) for the best cup in Brooklyn.
- The Future Perfect (115 N. 6th St @ Berry St) – Amazing art/design shop.
- Beacon’s Closet (88 N. 11th St @ Wythe St) – Hipster Thrift Heaven.
- Eat and Drink! Continue North to Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave @ N. 11th St)
Sunday’s casual tour of SoHo and its surrounding neighborhoods is highlighted by World-Class Shopping and Delicious Food as every Sunday should be.
A beautiful Saturday morning stroll through the Lower East Side, then zip over to Brooklyn on the F Train for a slice or a cone then walk back over the beautiful and historic Brooklyn Bridge for the most majestic view of Manhattan… Fuhgeddaboutit.
Want to satisfy your art fix without leaving a 10 block radius of the hotel? These 5 steps will give you enough info to make your friends back home believe you are a true Downtown NYC Art Aficionado.
Williamsburg Shop ‘n’ Play
Of course, there’ll be lots of multi-colored Ray-Bans, Gramma frocks sinched with big belts and plenty of weird haircuts but this plan will also help you uncover a few not so normal trends.
J,M,Z Delancey St -Essex St The J,M,Z stop is 1 block from Hotel On Rivington. Ask our doorman for directions.
J,M,Z Marcy Ave. Take the JMZ across the Williamsburg Bridge, 1 stop to Marcy Avenue.